4 medium Apples (thinly sliced)
½ cup Brown Sugar
⅓ cup Whole Wheat Flour
¾ cup Oatmeal
1½ teaspoons Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ginger
⅓ cup Butter (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F; spray a square baking pan with cooking spray; place sliced apples in bottom of pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon and ginger.
3. Stir butter into sugar mixture until crumbly.
4. Sprinkle crumbly mixture over fruit.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes or until fruit is tender and top browns.
(No Available Sessions)
Kids Cook class promotes fruit & vegetable consumption in children living in our service areas. The curriculum provides kids with positive, fun experiences with food increasing the likelihood that they will try and enjoy those foods. Our goal is to introduce the kids to a variety of fruit and vegetable choices. By working in small groups with an adult, kids have an opportunity to learn important cooking skills and vocabulary. With so many helping hands in each cooking class, kids learn to work together, take turns, and encourage their classmates during the process of preparing delicious food.